Enables the powerful SonarCFamily for Objective-C analyzer.
Steps to Analyze an Objective-C Project
Step 1: Install the Plugin and License
Install the SonarCFamily plugin and apply your License Key.
Step 2: Install the SonarQube Scanner
Download and install the SonarQube Scanner for command line.
Step 3: Prepare your build environment
Analysis of Objective-C projects requires the SonarQube Build Wrapper. It gathers all the configuration required for correct analysis of Objective-C projects (defined macros, include directories, …) directly from your project's build process. The Build Wrapper does not impact your build; it merely eavesdrops on it.
You can download the Build Wrapper directly from your SonarQube Server, so that its version perfectly matches your version of the plugin:
- Build Wrapper for Mac OS X can be downloaded from URL
- Unzip the downloaded Build Wrapper
- Configure it in your PATH because it's just more convenient
Step 4: Build and analyze your project using the build wrapper
- Add execution of Build Wrapper as a prefix to the usual build command that you use to build your project (the example below uses xcodebuild, but any build tool that performs a full build can be used)
- Create a sonar-project.properties file at the root of your project and include the sample configuration shown below
- Execute the SonarQube scanner (
sonar-scanner)from the root directory of the project
- Follow the link provided at the end of the analysis to browse your project's quality metrics in the SonarQube UI
Example command line
Example sonar-project.properties file
Check our sample Objective-C project here.
With SonarCFamily for Objective-C, you can also:
- import Unit Tests Execution Reports
- import Coverage Results
- scan faster by activating multithreaded code scan
Check the FAQ, it may help to resolve common troubles.