If your SonarQube instance has access to the Internet you can directly install an Edition from the Marketplace menu in the SonarQube UI. For instances that are not connected to the Internet, you can manually install an Edition by downloading it and following the instructions on the corresponding page below.
How to Upgrade?
The steps below describe how to upgrade from SonarQube [5.6 - 6.6] to 6.7 LTS with a commercial edition.
Before you start, backup your SonarQube Database. Upgrade problems are rare, but you'll want the backup if anything does happen.
Additionally, ask firstname.lastname@example.org for the license for your current Server ID and Edition. You don't need to set the license before the end of the upgrade process. Licenses you were using before 6.7 LTS are no longer valid, you need new ones. In case of any doubt regarding this process, get in touch with the SonarSource Support Team.
- Download and unzip the new SonarQube distribution in a fresh directory, let's say $NEW_SONARQUBE_HOME
- Manually download your Edition from one of these pages according to your Edition:
- Unzip it into the directory $NEW_SONARQUBE_HOME/extensions/plugins: you should end up with only jar files here, no directories
- Add to this directory any other plugins you need, such as the LDAP Plugin, or your required SCM plugin(s). Use the Compatibility Matrix to ensure that the versions you install are compatible with your new server version.
Update the contents of sonar.properties and wrapper.conf files (in NEW_SONARQUBE_HOME/conf) with the settings of the related files in the $OLD_SONARQUBE_HOME/conf directory (web server URL, database, ldap settings, etc.). Do not copy-paste the old files.
If you are using the Oracle DB, copy its JDBC driver into $NEW_SONARQUBE_HOME/extensions/jdbc-driver/oracle
If you are using MS SQL Server Integrated Security, don't forget to install your DLL JDBC Driver (+link to FAQ)
- Stop your old SonarQube Server
- Start your new SonarQube Server
- Browse to http://yourSonarQubeServerURL/setup and follow the setup instructions
- Set the new license corresponding to your Edition in Administration > Configuration > License Manager
- Analyze your projects to get fresh data
- Compute your Portfolios and Applications if you are using the Enterprise or Data Center Editions