Description / Features
The first Thucydides was the most famous Greek historian. Today Thucydides is also the name of a very promising open source library that lets you use WebDriver/Selenium 2 to write better acceptance tests.
In a few words Thucydides helps you:
- Write tests that are more flexible and easier to maintain
- Produce illustrated, narrative reports about your tests
- Map your automated tests back to your requirements more easily
- See how much of your application is actually being tested
- And measure project progress
The plugin calculates several Thycudides metrics and imports them in SonarQube( see metrics definitions below )
It adds also a new dashboard widget that supports localization.
- Install the plugin through the Update Center or download it into the SONARQUBE_HOME/extensions/plugins directory
- Restart the SonarQube server
The current version of the plugin supports only Maven projects and does not execute Thucydides tests itself, so Thucydides reports must be available before running a SonarQube analysis.
The default location of Thucydides report files is under target/site/thucydides and although you can define your own report path with a Maven property, the plugin expects to find them in this location.
You can find more on Thucydides reporting here: http://thucydides.wakaleo.com/#_thucydides_reporting
Currently there are no available configurations; the plugin uses the default values of Thucydides properties.
The Thucydides plugin widget is available under the category Tests.
Try the Plugin
To try the plugin you can use the sample Maven project under src/main/resources.
- Unzip sample project in a local folder
Add to your settings.xml the following
Run the following Maven command:
mvn clean verify thucydides:aggregate
- Run a SonarQube analysis for the project:
The plugin works only for projects analysed with Maven
No details are shown about features and user stories
No drill-down links are available
Number of Thucydides tests
Number of Passed Thucydides tests ( Succesful tests )
Number of Failed Thucydides tests ( Failed assertions or errors)
Number of Pedning Thucydides tests. These tests have not been executed yet.
Execution duration of Thucydides tests
|Succes Density||thucydides-success-density||no||Passed Tests / Tests * 100|
|Features||thucydides-features||no||Number of Features tested by Thucydides|
|User Stores||thucydides-stories||no||Number of User Stories tested by Thucydides|