- They are used for rule descriptions, which might be long and need HTML tags
- These files must be stored in the package "org.sonar.l10n.<plugin key>_<language>"
- Starting with Sonar 3.0, the files should be stored in the package "org.sonar.l10n.<key of the plugin to translate>_<language>.rules.<repository key>" (backward compatibility is ensured for l10n plugins which use the former location)
- The name of these files must be the key of the rule they translate
- Example: the French description of the Squid Architectural Constraint rule is "src/main/resources/org/sonar/i18nl10n/squidjava_fr/ArchitecturalConstraint.html"
- Or, starting with Sonar 3.0: "src/main/resources/org/sonar/i18nl10n/squidjava_fr/rules/squid/ArchitecturalConstraint.html" (as "squidjava" is the plugin key and "squid" the repository key)